Observatory Environment, Health and safety, HR
The design of an Environment, Health and Safety, Human Resources Observatory aims to involve all company functions in the detection and investigation of events, almost events and behaviors through the homogeneous and structured acquisition of data and information.
The Observatory operates continuously in order to:
- comply with the relevant legislation (Legislative Decree 81/08, OHSAS 18001 and ISO 45001, ISO 14001, ISO 10015);
- achieve greater effectiveness in planning improvement actions;
- achieve a higher standard of performance;
- raise the standard of responsibility of the organization;
- develop the culture of the environment and corporate security;
- obtain transparency in the decision-making process.
The methodological approach used by the Observatory is based on:
- involvement and awareness of resources;
- establishment and management of working groups;
- continuous data recording and analysis;
- decision-making and improvement.
Conditions for success
To achieve the described results are necessary:
- greater attention to data and information collection;
- widespread control and vigilance;
- awareness of the rules;
- the acquisition of propositional measures;
- the implementation of reactive measures;
- continuous training on results.
Training activity towards the different resources involved:
- initial training for the use of the Observatory's tools;
- specific courses of coaching in the activity of surveying, analysis and periodic updating;
- training on results through communication and dissemination.
Work Group Management:
- identification of suitable Working Groups;
- management of periodic meetings.
Reporting of events and behaviors:
- detection of events;
- reporting and recording of data.
Analysis and classification of events and behaviors:
- analysis of root causes (occurrence modalities, dangerous conditions, emergency conditions, dangerous actions, aggravating individual factors);
- risk assessment (for the environment, health and safety, human resources);
- classification and processing of events and behaviors and identification of non-conformities;
- definition of corrective/preventive actions, suggestions for improvement and suggestions from interested parties;
- definition of a priority judgment, according to which to activate the Working Groups.
Decision-making and improvement actions:
- periodic analysis of the performance of the Observatory;
- evaluation of the effectiveness of corrective and preventive actions;
- definition of actions and specific improvement objectives.
- Working Groups
- Reporting cards
- Analysis report
- Event Log, Non-Compliance
- Corrective, Preventive and Improvement Actions Plan
- Specific procedure of the Observatory